Home » Learn How To Rumba
Learn How To Rumba
Learning Rumba is not difficult. The ease of learning is actually one of the main reasons why it's more popular today than most other Latin dances (except perhaps Salsa). Once you learn the simple steps, the music does the rest!
Rumba is usually danced to music written in 4/4 time, with four beats to each measure. The basic steps are counted Slow, Quick, Quick. Quick steps last for 1 beat, while slow steps last for 2 beats. Steps are taken on beats 2, 3, and 4. A full basic step takes 2 bars of music to complete.
Here are a few popular songs that Rumba can be danced to:
- And I Love Her - The Beetles
- It's Now or Never - Elvis Presley
- I'm Not Giving You Up - Gloria Estefan
- Besame Mucho - Xavier Cugat
- Falling Into You - Celine Dion
- Neon Moon - Brooks and Dunn
- Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
- Kokomo - Beach Boys
- Girl from Ipanema - Frank Sinatra